The Security organisation is an ambitious, hardworking and friendly group working together on an important and complex mission; improving the security posture of Spotify. In a distributed and growing organisation of engineering teams that need to iterate fast on their products, our environment is ever changing and so are the challenges for Security. We are now looking for an engineer to join one of our teams, focusing on securing Spotify’s infrastructure and cloud environment and providing support and guidance around platform security to other parts of Spotify. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will be part of an agile team, improving the security posture of the development infrastructure at Spotify; at the moment focusing on securing our Google Cloud Platform environment.
- You will design, build and operate distributed security systems at large scale, as well as influence the Spotify engineering community in platform security related topics.
- You will be a senior member of the team, providing sound perspectives on infrastructure and platform security as well as software development.
- You will take on different roles and responsibilities, depending on what the situation requires; ranging from hands on problem solving and software development to mentoring and driving initiatives across the organisation.
- You will have the opportunity to be a key player in Spotify’s security organisation, with lots of room to grow and develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Who you are
- You are a curious security engineer who cares about both software development and security, and you have been part of building high quality, production grade services.
- You have several years of experience from working with security, and you feel comfortable discussing security perspectives in cloud based infrastructures. Google Cloud Platform experience is a bonus.
- You are flexible and tend to take on the role that’s needed the most. You thrive in an ever changing environment where adaptation is key, where you get to support others in balancing fast deliveries with secure development.
- You enjoy working in teams, solving problems together, learning about new technology, and sharing your learnings with others.
- You can easily describe your designs and proposals to others, and you enjoy collaboratively improving and executing on them.
- You have experience from working in agile environments, and you value collaboration, feedback and continuous improvement.
- You are comfortable with Linux and have experience in any language of choice. Python or Java experience is strongly preferred.
- You have experience from continuous deployment and delivery philosophies using tools like Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes, as well as cloud platforms (preferably GCP).
- If you have knowledge of or experience from working closely with Google, that is a bonus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.