Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join our team of talented people that share a common interest in scaling security at Spotify. You will play a key part in the New York team’s mission of advancing our in-house intrusion detection capabilities. To enrich our security organizational while living the Spotify culture, you will also provide experience and subject matter expertise in all fields of information security. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you will do:
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general
- Architect, design, and develop advanced solutions and tools to help teams own their security
- Coordinate security projects across teams within Spotify
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and leaders to incorporate security thinking across departments
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Be the first response and remediation for security-related incidents and participate in on-call rotation
- Take part in shaping the future of our security organization
- Work from our awesome office in New York City where we work closely with teams across all Spotify platforms
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience providing technical leadership within the security domain, including managing delivery of complex projects, mentoring, acting as a role model for other engineers and evaluating complex tradeoffs and priorities.
- You have deep technical expertise in at least one area of security
- You have experience and in-depth understanding of complex systems such that you can inspire confidence with product development teams and provide technical leadership and engineering practices for the security engineering teams working on building tools and platforms.
- You know how to teach and evangelize security to groups of different disciplines with varying experience
- You feel confident coordinating and scoping larger initiatives
- You have deep understanding of security in distributed systems at scale for an engineering organization of >1000 developers
- You believe in teamwork, agile values and leading by example
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.