As a Staff Engineer, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate features that are used by millions of users. You‘ll be the technical leader for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices when it comes to web development, as well as mentor other engineers to grow.
What you’ll do
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide web community, driving and influencing our architecture across the company.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach them.
- Work hands-on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or the go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Spread learning and knowledge across the organization, and advocate and help implement sustainable engineering practices.
- Facilitate collaboration between teams, departments, engineers, product managers, designers, and product insights experts.
- Manage dependencies for complex projects in a fast-changing environment and bring clarity and focus.
- Working effectively with legacy code and able to suggesting incremental improvements.
Who you are
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have led technical projects spanning over multiple teams.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- You actively invest in your technical skills and leadership abilities
- You show a deep knowledge of how to write robust, maintainable applications, and a reasonable understanding of how to build and work with distributed, high-volume backend servers.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Take initiative in building and shipping high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
You will be working from our awesome headquarter offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.