As a Staff Engineer, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate features that are used by millions of users. You‘ll be the technical leader for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, build sound architecture and foster best practices when it comes to web development, as well as mentor other engineers to grow.
What we are looking for
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Have domain experience in e-commerce / marketing/ personalised targeting, real-time optimisation, and measurement capabilities
- Have experience building platforms.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- Knowledge in how to write distributed, high-volume services.
- Experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
Who you are
- You are comfortable with a wide range of technologies
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.