The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billions of customers, enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
As a Staff Engineer you will be part of the client platform tribe with the chance to have a true influence on the future of the Spotify mobile and client stack. The team’s mission is champions and protectors of the local mobile client development productivity.
What you’ll do
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps
- Champion the local developer experience by ensuring that feature developers are productive on their local environment and working with features on the client should be a breeze
- Implement and lead the adoption of modern languages, tools, build systems, IDEs and plugins for feature developers
- Advocate for unification of tools and languages where clients are similar in structure to lower the cost of ownership
- Become a developer advocate for onboarding by providing development guides and example codes and improving communications with developers within Spotify to foster a deeper understanding of their problems and needs
What we are looking for
- You are a high senior level or staff engineer — or have come far along the journey to become one.
- You have extensive knowledge of mobile engineering, especially from the build and infrastructure tooling perspective.
- You’re passionate about refining tooling for faster builds and advocating good practises to the client communities both iOS and Android.
- You have several years working experience on either/ both Android and iOS platforms
- You have experience in Java or C++/Obj-C compiler toolchains and Xcode
- Proven experience in working on app with medium to large scale
- Proven experience on working on a project with continuous integration tools – CI systems and build & release processes
- You have a deep understanding of system design and data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
You will be working from our awesome offices in central Stockholm. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.