Spotify’s main mobile development tribe is expanding to our London office & is looking for an iOS Staff Engineer.As a Staff Engineer,you will architect, design,develop,deploy & operate apps that are used by millions of users.You‘ll be a technical leader contributing hands on in a team,while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams.You will be driving development and delivery,building sound architecture, mentoring & fostering best practices in mobile.
What you’ll do:
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide mobile developer community driving and influencing our architecture across the company.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these.
- Work hands on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, levelling up our engineering practices.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Be part of and accountable for the tribe Technical Steering Group together with other staff engineers working in the tribe, driving technical practices and roadmap for the tribe.
- Be part of the Podcast and Talk Formats product area leadership team and driver the technical direction for the product area.
We believe you:
- Have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- Believe in servant leadership and include other engineers in your decision making
- Have led technical projects spanning over multiple teams.
- Have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practises.
- You actively invest in your technical skills and leadership abilities
- You have several years of working experience as a Software Engineer with Objective-C/ C++ and Swift
- Hold a Computer Science background with deep understanding of system design, data structures and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Take initiative in building and shipping high quality codeYou have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.