Are you excited by the opportunity to architect, design, build, and operate services in a domain that no one in the industry has cracked just yet? Content Platform is growing in Stockholm and we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team of dedicated engineers in one of our new product areas: Content Control.
Content Control sits at the intersection of our consumer and creator offerings, using technology, policies and people to keep Spotify a safe and friendly place. Parts of this equation can be solved proactively, while as other parts rely on a solid systematic approach for gathering and acting on real-time inputs from creators, industry partners, consumers and other non-governmental organisations. While Spotify has extensive experience, having operated in this space for many years, we are actively exploring the opportunities from a new perspective. This is where you come in: you’ll assist the engineering teams through technical leadership, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership within your product area, and across the mission
- Support members of a squad in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency, and high consistency.
- Build tools to support and accelerate our operational teams.
- Coordinate technical projects that span multiple development teams.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, operations, and designers.
- Translate product and business goals into technology by building relationships and seeking to understand the underlying needs.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Mentor engineers in ways to develop their skills.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s).
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
Who you are
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- You have an extensive history of working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.