Are you excited by the opportunity to architect, design, build, and operate services in a world of digital content and metadata at an epic scale? Content Platform is growing in Stockholm and we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team of dedicated engineers in one of our new product areas: Content Assembly.
Content Assembly are ingesting, managing and publishing digital content and its associated metadata as part of our huge global content catalog. This catalog sits at the heart of Spotify, fuelling amazing experiences for both creators and fans.
What you’ll do
- Provide leadership within your product area, and across the mission
- Support members of a squad in delivering backend services with high availability, low latency, and high consistency.
- Build tools to support and accelerate our operational teams.
- Coordinate technical projects that span multiple development teams.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product managers, operations, and designers.
- Translate product and business goals into technology by building relationships and seeking to understand the underlying needs.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Mentor engineers in ways to develop their skills.
- Drive good engineering practises within your team(s).
- Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
- Be a department-level expert in a particular area or tribe-level go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise.
Who you are
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team/department.
- You have an extensive history of working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.