We are looking for senior backend engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
At Spotify, we’re proud of our ambitious mission of having 1 billion fans enjoying music around the world, and are seeking a lead machine learning engineer to join us in pursuit of this goal. We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer with a proficiency in Machine Learning to join our team, which uses machine learning to drive advertiser outcomes and listener satisfaction in Spotify Free, helping democratize music access globally while positively impacting Spotify’s bottom line. We develop innovative and scalable solutions around the core problem of getting the right ad to the right user at the right time, while embodying Spotify’s values and taking our users’ best interest at heart.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging problems around continually improving machine learning models in production
- Help build and improve features that impact our users and make them better leveraging machine learning
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services and systems that serve real-time predictions to millions of users
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You have 10+ years of experience in designing and building distributed, high-volume services in Java
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You have 4+ years of experience with machine learning systems, theory, and development workflows
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.