We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product leader that will join the Creator mission – Spotify’s division that is dedicated to helping artists thrive. Creator builds features and services that help artists (and the team around them) grow, engage, monetize and understand their fans. Spotify as a company is dedicated to creating a platform for creativity that brings artists and fans closer together. You’ll be at the center of that mission, responsible for our system to enable all types of artists to promote themselves and engage their fans.
What you’ll do
- Grow and lead a large team of several cross-functional squads, directly managing product directors.
- Create a healthy team culture in your tribe(s) of happy and productive folks who understand the strategy and execute fast.
- Lead the vision and strategy of how artists will be able to engage their fans and promote themselves.
- Develop empathy for artist needs and strong understanding of the landscape of promotional tools for artists. Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists to define new strategies.
- Break down the strategy area and set up teams to tackle important components of the system.
- Create a ladder of services from organic and free features, to self-serve promotional tools, to managed services that help all artists big and small grow and engage their audience.
Who you are
- You have 7+ years product leadership experience and 2+ years experience managing managers.
- In your past, you have a proven track record of product managing well-loved software products as a PM.
- You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have experience and/or deep understanding of promoted content systems and social network dynamics
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.