The Creator Marketplace team at Spotify is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team out our content knowledge graph. This will form the basis of our understanding of music and will power a wide range of features & experiences on our platform. We do this through a deep understanding of the Spotify catalog; building up knowledge of the relationships between recording artists, songwriters, and the music on which they collaborate. This data helps power the music industry by supporting a vital group of creators and their teams.
What you’ll do
- Take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available and work with expert human curators to develop datasets useful for training your models.
- Perform data analysis to establish baselines and inform product decisions.
- Prototype new approaches and productionize solutions at scale.
- Build systems that take in multiple signals and suggest matches between known musical compositions and recordings in the Spotify catalog.
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features that advance our mission of giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
Who you are
- You have a strong background in machine learning, preferably with experience and expertise in text-based ML problems, record linkage, and/or inference on knowledge graphs. Experience with NLP methods is a plus.
- You have experience building data pipelines and are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam / Scio.
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with pyTorch, TensorFlow, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
- You love your customers even more than your code.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.