We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Sr. Business System Analyst to support the accounting operation and transform the financial infrastructure. This role will be responsible for enabling the finance team to improve business performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency. This will require knowledge of accounting processes. Must be able to successfully communicate and partner with IT Developers, Project Managers, IT Managers and all levels of the business community. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined experience in system implementation at a global organization listed in U.S. and digital subscription or digital advertising industry. The position is based in NYC.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with project management, application development, and systems infrastructure teams to ensure projects are prioritized correctly and are aligned with their sponsor’s objectives.
- Analyze complex business problems, provide functional and technical leadership and provide an optimal solution to accounting business group.
- Capitalizing on the benefits of new technologies for business process improvement
- Perform requirements fit/gap analyses
- Gather and document business requirements, functional requirements, and use cases
- Develop test plans, test cases, and scripts for enhancement projects
- Lead and perform UAT for all use case and coordinate business partner UAT and sign-off.
- Lead and Perform regression testing for release upgrades
- Provide support for month end close and post-deployment phase
- Develop training documents and conduct training class for global accounting business processes
- Communicate progress and status updates on projects to stakeholders and upper management
- Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, participating in special projects or ad-hoc analysis
- Ability to use simple SQL or other code languages scripting to perform ad hoc data analysis on extremely high volume of data records.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems, or computer science
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with global public company in digital subscription, top consulting companies, or large accounting firms
- Ability to handle multiple projects and must be collaborative in driving decisions
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership)
- Have accounting process(AP/AR/GL/FA) background
- Experience with major ERP system required (Prefer Netsuite) and other applications, e.g. Salesforce, Coupa, Concur, Blackline preferred
- Experience with SQL, or other code languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- Technical savvy and have a vision for the future
- Problem Solver – ability to not only identify issues but provide solutions and options
- Having worked in public companies with international operations is a must, preferred if listed in the U.S
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.