We are looking for an outstanding Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Analyst to join our Markets FP&A team in New York. The successful candidate will provide strategic guidance and decision support to our Markets Strategies & Operations team. This role requires strong analytical acumen, cognitive flexibility, business modeling skills and communication skills. At the same time, establishing scalable and automated process and working closely with key stakeholders are important for the FP&A role.
This role will report into the Senior Manager of Markets FP&A and support our stakeholders in Markets Strategies & Operations to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success. The role is highly cross-functional, collaborating with Revenue & Expense teams, Analytics, IT, and Accounting to ensure full transparency and alignment to overall strategy.
What you’ll do
- Develop a scalable and defensible framework to analyze market and region level financial performance that allows key stakeholders to make informed decisions based on data.
- Build out, analyze, and communicate results of strategic initiatives and articulate impact to overall business based on performance.
- Help to operationalize and build out ROI analysis for strategic deals and marketing investment working collaboratively with Business stakeholders, IT and Accounting.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and analysis that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the business.
- Drive the Annual Budgeting and Quarterly Forecasting process including leading a bottom up forecasting process.
- Develop and utilize effective performance metrics to identify inefficiencies and improve strategic decision making.
- Provide strong ad hoc financial and business decision support on numerous revenue and marketing initiatives, return on investment analyses and/or other assigned projects.
Who you are
- Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of the reporting and analysis.
- University degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in an analytical and/or planning role at public company in consulting, banking, tech etc.
- Prior experience of Business Financial Analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting, financial principles and ability to apply in a business setting.
- Business Acumen. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business result.
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in the absence of perfect information.
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across organization.
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel (VBA and SQL skills are a serious plus) and experience working with data cubes.
- You are passionate about both technology and music.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.