We are looking for an excellent Senior Analyst, FP&A to join our Free Business Monetization FP&A team in New York. Who will report into the Manager FP&A and will provide the Global Free Business Unit the support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting.
Support ongoing development of the Global Ad Revenue forecasts, building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, product, and finance teams and providing insights to the Global Free Business Unit. Our business is rapidly growing and changing. You are expected to design and execute processes, reporting, and capabilities to help support this growth.
The Free Business Unit FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you will do
- Support and maintain the Revenue Forecast model generated by our ads products for quarterly forecasts
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis, new product development, and assistance with other ad-hoc financial projects as needed
- Proactively develop key financial analysis and insights to help enable to company to meet its monthly, quarterly, and annual targets and strategic objectives
- Work with large data sets, synthesize insights and present recommendations to executives
- Design and implement reporting tools for your business partners
Who you are
Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability, and relevance of the financial statements and must be able to articulate the root causes and significant drivers of changes in financial performance.
- 3-4 years of finance, business operations, and/or strategy consulting and investment banking experience
- Personable, approachable as we interface with various stakeholders throughout the organization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle many competing requests
- Knowledge in Excel and experience with modeling and analytics
- Experience in data visualization and building scalable reporting tools
- Structured thinking, with experience framing and solving problems
- Interpersonal experience with PowerPoint presentation
- Experience establishing relationships across all levels of an organization and presenting to anyone from executive leadership to project teams
- System savvy, experience working with forecasting and reporting systems.
- Comfortable aggregating and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems to derive insightful analysis and build financial models
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify is a positive, fun, high-energy work environment that you’ve always wanted to be part of!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.