We are looking for an outstanding Financial Planning & Analysis Sr Analyst to join our Free Monetization FP&A team in New York. You will support our Global Ad Sales and Operations Team – a key organization that encompasses our Advertising Sales, Support Teams and Ad Operations.
The Sr FP&A Analyst will provide the the Global Ad sales organization and Ad Sales leadership the financial support required to enable informed decisions, manage risks and opportunities and achieve business objectives, through the administration and governance of global financial projections and annual budgeting. Support ongoing development of the Global Ad Sales operating model, building and developing a strong environment of collaboration with sales, marketing and finance teams and providing local insights to the Global Ad sales organization.
This role will report into the Manager of Ads FP&A and support our stakeholders in Ad Sales to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success. The role is highly cross-functional, collaborating with Pricing & Inventory, Analytics, IT, and Accounting to ensure full transparency and alignment to overall strategy.
The Ads FP&A team also manages the reporting rhythm – from daily to quarterly – as well as the global forecasting process. They help accelerate business growth through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and yearly management reporting requirements, including report generation, providing various financial analysis for the Americas region
- Own and actively manage the P&L to maximize results and drive regional operating income performance
- Analyse management information and review business results for the business across the region
- Manage the development of a detailed budget package for the Americas Ad Sales business.
- Review and advise departmental budget preparation with individual managers
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the annual budgeting process from end to end for Americas Ad Sales, including headcount and expense management for T&E and Vendor related expense
- Lead and own quarterly Americas Ad Sales Revenue Target setting by Salesperson, Revenue Channel and Product
- Own and lead the Americas Quarterly PnL forecasts: revenue, cost of revenue, headcount and opex
Business Planning & Analysis
- Address ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries
- Support analysis and decision making for the Americas Ad Sales team
- Work with the business to execute strategies to maintain adequate expenditure and investment controls for the country.
- Partner with finance teams to lead efforts on cost control and other efficiency improvement initiatives
Who you are
- Takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability and relevance of the financial statements and must be able to articulate the root causes and significant drivers of changes in financial performance.
- A problem solver and a person and not shy to reach out to different parts of the organization
- University degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant experience in an analytical and/or planning role at public company in consulting, banking, tech etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting, financial principles and ability to apply in a business setting.
- Business Acumen. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business result
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in the absence of perfect information.
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across organisation.
- Ability to work effectively with a Global Ads FP&A team
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and not afraid to seek out projects independently
- Strong communication skills and excellent English level both verbal and written
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel (VBA and SQL skills are a serious plus) and experience working with data cubes
- Robust knowledge of online advertising business a plus
- You are passionate about both technology and music
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.