Spotify is looking for a dynamic and creative professional to join the team as a Sports Podcast Producer. Under the Sports Lead in the Studios organization, this role will serve as the producer for all elements of pre-production, production, and distribution of Spotify’s internal Sports-focused podcasts. This includes managing and producing content for publication on all platforms as well as all aspects of audio production.
You will be part of a team focused on developing a diverse slate of original sports podcast programming.
What you’ll do
- Help conceive and launch new shows
- Track pitch materials from talent and agency submissions
- Manage the production schedule for new shows including story selection, writing scripts, recording the host, sponsorship spots, and in-house announcements
- Provide ongoing feedback to help talent reach their full potential
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with podcast hosts, story directors, and storytellers throughout the production process
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including the suggestion of themes, stories, and content for upcoming episodes
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer to plan the arc of podcast seasons
- Develop new ideas for current podcasts and brainstorm ideas for special episodes
- Help build and shape an expanding portfolio of podcasts within our team
- Work on all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of episodes, including recording interviews in the field and at events when necessary
- Responsible for the final check of internally created podcasts and publishing as each episode goes live on platforms
Who you are
- At least 6 years related work experience
- Embedded in the sports media and content industry with familiarity of talent reps and industry players
- Proficiency with ProTools and Hindenburg
- Proficiency with presentation decks
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Experience of producing and recording in a studio setting, as well as in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and an ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.