At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 65 markets and growing fast!
We are hiring a Sourcing Manager to join our Strategic Sourcing Team in New York.
You will be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of indirect categories for our employees and offices around the world. As an individual contributor you will develop and work with key stakeholders to build relationships to increase strategic sourcing activity within the company. Working closely with our business and compliance teams in the company you will be responsible for end to end sourcing activity as well as influencing & developing category strategies. Duties will include managing RFx events, evaluations, negotiations, contracts and supplier performance/analysis.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Support the management of multiple spend categories
- Conduct spend analysis & cost modeling
- Identify opportunities for cost savings & demand management
- Run reports, create dashboards, scorecards and benchmarks that drive awareness of cost optimization opportunities to enable key decision-making
- Conduct sourcing activities including but not limited to:
- Market analysis and identification of supplier pool
- Consolidating business/stakeholder requirements
- Lead RFx events and contract negotiations
- Collaborating with stakeholders on program/service implementation
- Monitor overall supplier performance with SLAs, scorecards, business reviews etc.
- Identify opportunities for category process improvements and influencing key stakeholders
- Act as first point of contact for day to day questions, issue resolution etc. for various categories
Who you are
- You have previous sourcing experience of 3-7 years with project management experience
- Previous category knowledge & experience in Real Estate/Facilities (office IT build-out) and Professional Services are highly desirable as well as experience of Marketing sourcing would be considered a plus
- You are able to manage RFx processes independently and projects with little supervision
- You have working knowledge on various sourcing tools (i.e. Scout) and spend reporting dashboard (i.e. Qliksense)
- You are analytical, detail oriented and organized
- You are self-driven and have the ability to identify the need for proactivity
- You have experience in driving changes in managed projects
- You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders & business partners and able to manage 1:1 relationship
- You are assertive and can push back as necessary
- You are able to collaborate with a cross-functional team
- You are service minded and motivated by helping people
- You hold yourself and your colleagues accountable
- You have brought structure into ambiguous situations before
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.