Spotify believes in creating a more open and inclusive creative ecosystem, which includes a rich podcast industry that’s equitable for all. That’s why we launched Sound Up, an immersive accelerator for new and aspiring podcasters aimed to bring more diverse voices to podcasting.
Sound Up aims to raise up the next generation of underrepresented podcasters through education, workshops, and support. It’s a platform serving people who are passionate about podcasting and have a great idea, but don’t have the skill set or connections to execute on it.
As the Global Lead of Sound Up, you’ll be responsible for taking this pilot program and scaling it globally. You’ll be responsible for owning the program from ideation to execution. You’ll also serve as Executive Producer on all podcasts that are produced from this program.
What you’ll do
- Run the global strategy, execution, and production of Sound Up
- Work cross-functionally and globally to execute the program
- Manage budget and external vendors
- Engage and maintain relationships with industry experts across various markets
- Act as a key internal advocate, bringing in expertise from around the company to contribute to and grow the program
- Work closely with the Spotify Studios team to produce series resulting from the program, serving as Executive Producer on all Sound Up podcasts
Who you are
- 10+ years’ experience in podcast production, project management, or operations role
- BA or BS
- You have a passion for sustainable and socially-responsible businesses
- You live and breathe podcasts and understand the importance of diverse voices in this space
- You’re a creative problem solver with grit, who can build strong relationships across the organization, and effectively run cross-functional global teams
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You bring the same enthusiasm to drafting T&C’s as you do to producing a new show
- You can do it all…or most of it
- Direct experience running social impact podcast programs is a big plus
- You are a global citizen
- You’ll be traveling globally extensively and multi-lingual proficiency is preferred
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and the background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.