Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music and audio listening experience for millions of our end-users and artists. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritise and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
We are looking for both C++ and Java engineers to join one of our backend teams in Stockholm. The Connect Infrastructure team is responsible for the internals behind Spotify Connect. With the services that we provide, internal and external developers and users can find and play on Connect enabled computers, speakers, voice assistants, gaming consoles, wearables, cars and more.
We have end to end responsibility of our client and backend systems; including writing code with high standards, hosting our services in Google Cloud Platform, monitoring our services, measuring quality and guaranteeing service reliability.
What will you do
- Develop backend services for Spotify Connect in Java, supported by advanced continuous delivery pipelines.
- Develop the C++ SDK interfacing with these backend services, covered by extensive test suites. This module is used on our Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS and Linux clients and is shipped on millions of devices across the globe.
- Collaborate closely with other teams within Spotify, to architect, build and scale Spotify Connect features.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, taking part in an on-call rotation.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Work from our awesome office – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live here.
- You architect, design, develop and maintain C++ or Java code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages.
- Knowledge of both languages is a plus, but not a requirement. You will learn the other as you go.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable, testable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.