Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development, and information security. You will build the systems that help keep our product, users, and employees secure and help teams continuously improve their security and engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work with the team to define and drive objectives while making sure that the technical milestones align with business needs. You will work together with technical leaders and product managers to align on the technical needs and requirements.
- Be an impactful contributor to the team to deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code.
- Think of our vulnerability management product through the eyes of our customers and partners, empathizing with their needs and desires in light of other technical requirements.
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with other security and software engineers
- Perform data exploration and visualization to understand how vulnerability trends and patterns factor into our organization’s key performance indicators. We will collect a lot of metrics generated by the reactive controls and we will need to find patterns, overlay them to the org topology and present insights to the control owners, leadership and to the rest of Spotify.
- Coordinate and help drive the vulnerability management process at Spotify. This includes managing relationships with SaaS, MSSP, and other vendors, defining remediation policies, coordinating with the Security Tiering efforts, and communicating the program inwards and outwards.
Who you are
- You are an experienced developer, who is confident writing software for use by thousands of engineers, supporting a product used by millions of end users. Our product currently uses Python on the backend and React/JS on the frontend, experience with these languages and technologies is a big plus but not a requirement.
- You are experienced with deploying and operating services on in the cloud on Linux.
- You have experience and passion for working with integrations and APIs with SaaS and Cloud platforms.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You are interested in data science and big data processing technologies.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code using continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You have understanding or interest in the security domain and how Vulnerability Management fits into the security programYou are collaborative, solutions focused, and willing to contribute to a friendly and inclusive culture.
- You have experience working in agile environments, working with continuous improvements and willing to share knowledge.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.