The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music listening experience for millions of our end-users and artists. They work together in autonomous teams and are given larger missions that they independently decompose and solve. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, performant and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
What you’ll do
We are looking for software engineers with experience in mobile development (Android/iOS/C++) that will join our Platform Infrastructure team. As part of the infrastructure team you will help Spotify engineers quickly understand the impact of their code changes so they can deliver a rock solid beautiful product to our end-users in a reliable and timely manner. You would help enable developers to innovate and iterate at scale, safety and improving the Spotify developer experience by developing tooling for automating client releases and test infrastructure. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Who you are
- Your things are to architect, design, develop and maintain mobile application code, for Android or iOS and you don’t shy away from working in other languages and domains.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- The end-user experience, high quality, agile values and modern engineering practices are what drives you.
- Cooperation with other T-shaped engineers while solving complex problems is natural for you and you really want to make a difference.
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- You have a few years of relevant experience, or much more; we welcome diverse applicants with various seniority levels.
You would work from our awesome headquarter in Stockholm, so if you don’t already live here Spotify can help with your relocation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.