We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer at Spotify to enable and encourage developers and testers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our development teams shall be empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code several times each day and remain confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced. We are the champions and evangelists for automated testing and quality and we are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test about anything, and an advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
In your role at Spotify, you will be part of development teams that create and distribute the Spotify experience across emerging platforms and partnerships, whether it be in cars, hi-fi systems, TVs, game consoles, set-top boxes or third-party mobile applications. This requires experience and passion for the challenges within this domain: platform and device fragmentation, limited availability of development and debug tools, variety of launch and discovery mechanisms, manufacture specific APIs, etc.
What you’ll do
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting
- Hardware labs setup
- Maintain test results and visualization
- Contribute the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best SW development practices
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders
Who you are
- You are experienced with software development
- You have advanced knowledge and experience of Java and/or Python development
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD
- You have experience with test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis
- You have knowledge of CI systems to create builds, ideally TeamCity
- You have the ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
- You possess an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it
- Having knowledge on discovery and launch mechanisms, networks protocols, embedded systems, TV and mobile platforms
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.