Do you have a passion for cutting-edge software engineering? Are you excited by the prospect of building the most advanced knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
Our team’s vision is to map the world of audio. To help us achieve this, we’re looking for someone who can build systems that improve the organisation of our catalog, extract and infer new information from songs, and find relationships between tracks, artists, songwriters and other members of the music industry. Together, these systems form the Spotify Knowledge Graph, which is the very heart of our streaming service.
You will work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and researchers that applies state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms on the entire Spotify catalogue and takes great pride in its engineering practices. You will also work with our Technology Leadership Team to help shape our ongoing tech strategy. Your work will have a direct impact on both the consumer and artist experience at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Tackle difficult engineering problems in a simple, scalable and maintainable way
- Design, develop and deploy backend services in Java and Scala
- Design, develop and operate audio- and metadata-processing pipelines in Python
- Participate in transforming research projects into robust technology products that operate at Spotify-scale
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and researchers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You have 8+ years experience working in Kafka,AWS,Spark etc.
- You have experience in leading teams, mentoring and coaching team members
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly, and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You have experience writing Java, Scala or Python code
- You care deeply about good engineering practices, and value investing in good build systems, CI and CD to help your team move faster
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment. We play music for over 140 million active users, with more than 50 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Posting Dates March 1st – March 29th, 2019