We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test at Spotify to enable and encourage developers and testers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our development teams shall be empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code several times each day and remain confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced. We are the champions and evangelists for automated testing and quality and we are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test about anything, and an advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
In your role at Spotify, you will be joining the team that is responsible for powering revenue innovation in Spotify. You will join a growing team of talented engineers responsible for a world class commerce system that will scale to a billion fans. You will work on one of the teams building a platform for all partnerships and paid products that drive revenue for the company. You will contribute to innovation and experimentation around our payments flow to make it as seamless as possible. You will also help the team implement new ideas, develop the embeddable purchase experiences, and enhance our integrations to continue to enable Spotify to be the number one music service on the planet. This is your chance to be part of a team that is growing rapidly and have the ability to influence, execute and see the impact on the bottom line.
What you’ll do
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes.
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting.
- Maintain test results and visualization.
- Advocate for maintaining a high quality bar, making sure quality and testing is part of the development work from day one.
- Contribute the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best SW development practices.
- Enable and encourage developers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders.<b
Who you are
You have advanced knowledge and experience of writing code. Writing scripts and small tools to help yourself and your team comes natural to you.
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD, with knowledge of CI systems to create builds.
- You have implemented and/or maintained test automation suites and have knowledge of a few automation tools and resources.
- You feel comfortable digging into the architecture of systems looking for potential problems.
- You have the ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance, and testability.
- You possess an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.