We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test at Spotify to enable and encourage developers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure. Our development teams shall be empowered to iterate rapidly, deploy code often and remain confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced. We are the champions and evangelists for automated testing and quality and we are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test about anything, and an advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
In your role at Spotify, you will be part of a cross-functional team working on a greenfield mobile project, helping them implement new ideas with great confidence, as well as contributing to our mobile engineering practice enabling Spotify to be the number one music service on the planet. As a quality professional, you will also be part of a highly skilled Quality chapter, owning initiatives for improvement and standardization of quality processes, metrics and tooling across the Premium Mission. This is your chance to be part of a team that is growing rapidly and have the ability to influence, execute and see the impact on the bottom line.
What you’ll do
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes.
- Build and maintain tooling for test development, coverage and reporting.
- Advocate for the user experience when communicating with product, design and tech.
- Provide the team with a Quality Strategy that supports the team’s delivery goals and aligns to the overall Spotify quality strategy.
- Maintain test results and visualization.
- Advocate for maintaining a high quality bar, making sure quality and testing are part of the development work from day one.
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best SW development practices.
- Enable and encourage developers to design and implement tests in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
Who you are
- You have advanced knowledge and experience of writing code. Writing scripts and small tools to help yourself and your team comes natural to you.
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with mobile test automation and debugging tools.
- You have implemented and/or maintained test automation suites and have knowledge of a few automation tools and resources.
- You have excellent knowledge of mobile software QA processes and methodologies.
- You feel comfortable digging into the architecture of systems looking for potential problems.
- You have the ability to work with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.
- You are willing to walk the extra mile and get out of your comfort zone in order to fulfill your goal of raising the quality bar at Spotify.
- You possess an agile mindset, fast to adapt to constant changes and comfortable with it.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.