We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join Spotify. We are looking for a technical quality expert to work closely with our developers and testers to enable and encourage them to design and implement tests in an efficient way, by providing them with the right tools, frameworks, and guidance. We hope that you will help our development teams become empowered to iterate rapidly and deploy code several times each day while remaining confident that test infrastructure will provide short feedback loops on issues introduced. We are looking for someone who’s a strong enough developer to write feature code, strong enough tester to test just about anything, and a strong advocate for maintaining a high quality bar.
Our mission is to create the best promotional experiences for our users and advertises alike while building great supporting technology to push our business to become a market leader.
Our organization of technologists, designers, and product managers is located primarily in New York City, with close ties to teams in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Boston, etc.
What you’ll do
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve and automate test and release processes
- Build and maintain tooling and infrastructure
- Maintain test result reporting and visualization
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through educating, supporting and setting an example of best SW development practices
- Make testing an integral part of the development process
- Communicate with product, design and technical stakeholders
- Contribute to the long term vision and strategy in your domain of expertise
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development
- You have advanced knowledge and experience of Java development
- You have a passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD
- You have experience with test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis
- You have knowledge of CI systems to create builds, ideally TeamCity and/or Jenkins
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability
- You possess an agile mindset, are comfortable with constant changes and fast to adapt to them
- You are a passionate mentor and teacher
- You are curious about or already have a good understanding of the advertising business
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.