At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We recently launched Spotify Ad Studio to enable small-and-medium size (SMB) businesses to easily create and manage Spotify audio advertising campaigns directly through an online interface. We’re seeking an exceptional SMB Marketing Manager focused on acquisition to help us accelerate our advertiser growth on this platform globally.
The role will be based in NYC with occasional travel to our other offices. This is a high-impact role as part of the team building out Spotify Ad Studio globally.
What you’ll do
- Accelerate SMB advertiser growth via a variety of paid marketing channels
- Be a performance media expert for our global SMB advertising acquisition efforts. This includes collecting needs and strategizing on budget allocation and global paid marketing initiatives
- Set, manage and own paid social, search and programmatic metrics, including advertiser acquisition cost and LTV
- Directly own the management and optimization of media channels
- Develop a regional framework for the most efficient use of marketing budget
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and drive the implementation of tests to increase the understanding of efficiency and incrementality
- Partner with Product Owners to develop initiatives to increase traffic from inbound channels such as organic search, referral traffic, and affiliate initiatives
- Connect the dots from suggesting effective creatives to make people click to downstream landing pages, funnel metrics, A/B-testing, tracking, attribution, and reporting
- Collaborate with a team of in-house marketing channel owners (email, house ads), analysts, and designers
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Events, and Product Marketing teams to identify, prioritize and produce consistent positioning and messaging
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience from numbers driven and analytical environments – ideally from an online b2b ads business or a performance marketing agency
- You’re excited about both setting vision & strategy and also rolling up your sleeves to directly own the day-to-day management of campaigns and optimization
- BA, MA or MBA degrees in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred
- You have excellent Excel skills. Direct experience with analytics & marketing tech suites such as Google Analytics, DCM, DoubleClick Search, Adjust, TUNE
- You have an articulated voice and keen attention to details about our products, creative language, user journeys, and online marketing, mixed with strong communication skills and a drive to interact with and influence internal partners and senior management
- While not a data scientist, your intellectual curiosity makes you comfortable structuring and analyzing big sets of data – SQL and BigQuery skills is a plus
We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify really is the positive, fun, high-energy work environment you’ve always wanted to be part of.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.