Site Reliability Engineers at Spotify ensure the music never stops streaming.
We act as a force multiplier for all Spotify engineers. We design, code, and operate tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort necessary for our engineers to scale the world’s best music streaming product to millions of users. We are strong believers in engineering teams taking operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this. We work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
What you’ll do:
- As a member of a small cross functional squad, you’ll contribute to solving a particular infrastructure challenge at Spotify
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squad’s (team’s) domain
- Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
- Observe and participate in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- Prior experience of Linux (we use Ubuntu) and layers of the networking stack.
- You are familiar with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
- You have strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python, Java, with smatterings of shell script, Ruby, and Angular.
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Mid December, 2018 – March, 2019: Interviews
- January, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.