Site Reliability Engineers at Spotify ensure the music never stops streaming.
We act as a force multiplier for all Spotify engineers. We design, code, and operate tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort necessary for our engineers to scale the world’s best music streaming product to 100 million users. We are strong believers in engineering teams taking operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this. We work closely with engineers to advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues.
What you’ll do
- As a member of a small multi-functional squad, you’ll be responsible for a particular infrastructure mission at Spotify.
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate solutions within your team’s domain.
- Undertake measured, strict, troubleshooting of complicated systems and potentially resolve time-critical incidents.
- Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend.
- Work from our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Who you are
- You have a broad knowledge profile and really excel in some areas, such as Linux internals, HTTP/TLS, DNS, networking or containerisation.
- You have deep knowledge of Linux (we use Ubuntu) and all layers of the networking stack. You should be confident discussing in detail what’s going on under the hood.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, microservices, and configuration management.
- You have experience from designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy.
- You have strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Java, but you’ll run into several other languages on a regular basis as well. (If you’re good with web technologies like Angular that’s a plus!)
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
*All CVs to be submitted in English please