What you’ll do
- As a member of a small cross functional squad, you’ll own a particular infrastructure challenge at Spotify
- Design and document systems, including writing and reviewing code, to automate away problems within your squad’s domain
- Undertake measured, methodical, troubleshooting of complicated systems under pressure
- Partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend
- Work from our office in Boston, MA, USA.
Who you are
- You have deep knowledge of Linux (we use Ubuntu) and all layers of the networking stack. You should be confident discussing in detail what’s going on under the hood.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
- You have a track record of designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects with strong autonomy
- You have strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Python, Java, with smatterings of shell script, Ruby, and Angular.
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You have a passion for solving problems using open source software
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.