Our employees are the heart that powers Spotify’s service. We are a rapidly growing group of the most amazing and passionate people across the globe focused on giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Productivity Engineering is a division within the company responsible for all of the devices, software, tools, and networking Spotifiers use every day to get their work done. Our vision to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. We do this by finding the best technologies available in the industry, partnering closely with providers to improve them, and adding our own engineering to make them especially productive for Spotifiers. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify one of the best places to work.
We are looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer to join our employee-serving Identity & Access Management team.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader and a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Design, code, test and document systems and services, to automate solutions within your team’s domain
- Partner with other engineers, product managers and stakeholders to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Collaborate with high-performing teams and engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals
- Find ways to share learnings across the organization (internal talks, write internal blog posts, etc).
- Proactively look for and implement improvements in our existing products and processes
Who you are
The ideal candidate has a strong DevOps profile, comfortable working with and understanding complex distributed systems.
- You have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn
- You have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply them
- You have the ability to utilize creative and innovative thinking, but you also adhere to a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment, innovate and iterate quickly
- You thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed environment
- You care about quality and you know what it means to write high quality code
- You have experience working with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, and are passionate about building a strong strategy for IAM in a rapidly growing environment.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop solutions to meet business needs (functional and non-functional requirements)
- You are comfortable writing in multiple programming languages, such as Python or Java, at a level where you can not only code and troubleshoot, but also design reliable and scalable solutions
- You are used to and enjoy working with automation, building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems and configuration management
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.