The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join Spotify’s Productivity Engineering group, the team responsible for advancing the digital workplace at Spotify. Our mission is to give every Spotifier the best possible user experience from the moment they open their device. By doing so we seek to remove all barriers to collaboration, enabling every employee to work freely and securely—with an experience that makes Spotify into one of the best places to work.
As a Senior SRE you will combine software and systems engineering to design, build, and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems with a focus on optimizing systems and reducing work through automation. At Spotify, our engineers are at the forefront of the SRE profession and are empowered to work on meaningful projects. Their expertise has been featured in both editions of O’Reilly’s “Site Reliability Handbook.” They achieve this from an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to “safe to fail”, to learn, and to grow.
What you’ll do
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle for services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and optimization
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring
- Scale systems proactively and sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems–and teach others to do so by example.
Who you are
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team–one that inspires others to the same
- Experienced in designing, analyzing, optimizing code and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Know how to write distributed, high-performance services in Java or Python and are experienced deploying and operating services on Linux
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.