We are looking for a senior web engineer to join an autonomous, cross-functional agile team. You will work with members of your team to build features and scalable architecture for web applications and services within Spotify. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to demonstrate practical experience of web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices.We value fundamental elements of practical web application development, such as agile engineering methods backed by a deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
What you’ll do
- Lead and work with the team to plan, design and build solutions
- Build and maintain scalable applications
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver modern, testable and maintainable code
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, designers, and analysts
- Ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices, and collaborate with some of the best developers in the business as a member of the Spotify web guild
- Participate in annual company-wide hack weeks
- Work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in Web Development
- You have experience working in an agile environment, and are comfortable pushing teams to improve their ways of working
- You are adaptable and resourceful and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You know how to build user-friendly, data-rich web applications
- You care about web technologies, exploring data, usability, design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You value team success over personal success
- Nice to haves: A degree in Computer Science or a similar area, music industry experience, familiarity with data and analytics
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.