For millennia, humans have remarked at the powerful impact of music: Plato was known to have said that music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. At Spotify, we embrace these beliefs and want to be better at anything that’s ever existed in bringing the perfect music at the perfect moment to our users. Core to this effort is having the most personalized platform for our consumers and being able to predict the most relevant things to surface in any context. That all starts with Machine Learning and is built on the connections our engineers make to data and fellow experts. Enabling those connections and building an excellent experience for Machine Learning practitioners is the mission of our Machine Learning Platform, and we’re looking for a web engineer to help these efforts.
As a member of our Machine Learning platform team you will be working with engineers from multiple disciplines, product managers, researchers, and data scientists to help craft the ML user experience across Spotify. You will help build products that enable our ML experts to be successful at driving new initiatives and enhancing our world class music recommendation systems. The outputs of the teams building on top of our platform will connect the creators on Spotify’s platform (music, podcasts and more) to the rapidly growing global Spotify user base.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers, user researchers, and backend and data engineers to craft the best possible user experience around machine learning at Spotify
- Build and maintain scalable web applications
- Bind our front and back end services together
- Monitor, test, and continuously optimize your designs
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices, and collaborate with some of the best web engineers in the company
- Have the opportunity to participate in annual company-wide hack weeks
Who You Are
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in Web Development (User Experience thinking and skills are a plus)
- You have an interest in learning more about Backend, Data and Machine Learning
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You are adaptable and inventive and you are able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You are comfortable working independently and reaching out across organizational boundaries for problem solving.
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- You care deeply about web technologies, business impact, usability, design and music
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas, especially to those not technologically proficient
- You value team success over personal success
- You hold yourself and others accountable
- You are willing to work from our awesome office in New York. We offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.