Spotify is looking for a versatile Senior UX Writer to partner with design, product, engineering, research, and marketing to shape great user experiences across the web, mobile, and other devices. You’re a storyteller, editor, and design thinker who knows your audience and can create compelling content that empowers and delights users. You play a vital role in defining content strategy, influencing user experience, and evolving Spotify’s brand, voice, and content standards
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about Spotify and helping users find the right music for every moment.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across.
- Love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product tours.
- Develop product names and narratives for early stage products.
- Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert; present and rationalize your work to stakeholders.
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Help define a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or the equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience writing or editing content for web and mobile experiences.
- Experience developing content strategy and copy across both marketing and product.
- Solid understanding of user research best practices, and experience identifying customer needs both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders in design, engineering, marketing, support, and other parts of the business.
- Has run content audits and developed product taxonomies that guide the information architecture for complex products serving multiple customer segments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively manages multiple projects and deadlines.
- Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides.
- You’re no stranger to tackling taxonomy and information architecture challenges. In fact, you enjoy them. Immensely.
- You’re a diehard music fan who’s eager to build tools that help artists earn a living from their work.
- You have experience writing for subscription platforms that serve various audiences with diverse sets of needs and wants.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.