We are looking for an experienced UX writer to work on our Ad Experience product team.
You’ll join a cross-functional group working on some key efforts, looking critically at how advertising and content promotion fits into our free listening experience from a user-centered perspective. We are looking for someone passionate about creating strategies and beautifully designed products to address opportunities informed by human-forward insights. Together, we’ll look holistically at how we continue bringing people the content they want while making our Free experience smarter, contextually appropriate, and relevant, while introducing all-new ways to engage.
We’re looking for someone skeptical (even critical!) of advertising, promoted content and the current landscape of freemium business models. We want someone who sees this intersection of advertising and content as an exciting problem space – how does advertising slot into, augment, deliver or enable great free listening experiences? How do we deliver valuable, understandable experiences that provide real listener value in the context of Spotify? How do we balance what’s good for business with the need to champion, empower and protect our listeners? Do you want to be an agent of positive change? This is an opportunity to inject the perspective of our users into a space that’s typically brushed them aside.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions. You’ll help lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Together with your cross-functional partners, you’ll help set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. You’ll help foster a shared understanding of the problem space by facilitating cross-functional workshops and group ideation sessions.
- Play in emerging, non-visual spaces like audio interfaces and voice UX design, introducing new ways for our users to engage with ads and artist promotions. You’ll explore how these experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices. You’ll apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into actionable next steps.
- You’ll write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, notifications and product tours. Develop product names and narratives for early-stage products. Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings. Look at the work through a global lens to deliver experiences to different markets. Help maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards. Help define a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing.
- Consider problems from multiple angles. You’ll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by a confluence of user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities. You work closely with your design partners to realize these ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity while tailoring those outputs for a variety of stakeholders.
- Be autonomous. You’ll help promote an understanding for your discipline and the value it brings to the product development process. You’ll provide teams with the methods, process and solutions needed to execute strategy. You’ll drive progress through obstacles by building consensus and making decisions – taking responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience writing or editing content for the web and mobile experiences, as a UX writer, information architect, content strategist, or similar. Experience designing conversational experiences (chatbots, voice UX), non-visual audio-driven interfaces, or ad-supported freemium experiences are big pluses.
- You’re a great written and verbal communicator. You have the skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and help bring strategy to life.
- You are a deep user experience thinker that considers the big, holistic picture by thoroughly exploring every facet of the user journey. You’re strong at conceptual thinking with an ability to understand the user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- You have a people-focused mentality. You enjoy solving problems, big and small, glamorous and not, for all kinds of users. You are constantly looking to hone your executions through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You’re an expert in your craft, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.