The Marketplace team builds Spotify’s content and creator platforms. Our products – Spotify for Artists (S4A), Soundtrap, and SoundBetter – enable artists and their teams to create, connect, and grow their audience.
The Marketplace Product Insights Team is a growing insights community of 30+ Data Scientists and User Researchers who blend their skills to help us craft the next generation of music industry products, bringing insights into every decision we make.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join the team that builds Spotify for Artists. You will help us increase our impact on the music industry by ensuring we are delivering a trustworthy product to our users and partners, and developing a consistent and coherent core user experience in our products. You will inform the way we build our platform to allow artists and their teams to find the content and tools they need to express their identity, understand their audience, and achieve success on Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of user researchers, data scientists, product managers, designers, marketers and engineers who are passionate about building products to help creators and their teams succeed.
- Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior, and represent the voice of our users in the product development process.
- Drive an insights agenda, executing research diligently and inventively. You will identify impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs.
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams by delivering insights that inform the problems we choose to seek and shape the future of our roadmaps.
- Exercise your thought leadership and become a go-to specialist for user research in the creator space. You are comfortable drawing from best practices but can also craft creative studies to help uncover the nuances of our unique problem space.
- Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, enabling our product teams to focus on fulfilling the right needs of creators & their teams.
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate results and recommendations to product and design teams.
Who you are:
- You have substantial experience in user research in a product development environment.
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods, with high standards of rigor.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You have experience identifying and executing impactful projects end-to-end through collaboration and with a high degree of autonomy.
- You have proven ability of influencing product strategy through clear and impactful storytelling.
- You are comfortable working with ambiguous and unstructured questions, breaking them down into relevant and concrete research work streams.
- You value and have experience coaching and mentoring members of the team to empower them in their development.
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, a related field, or similar industry experience.
It’s nice if you:
- Have experience identifying trusted individuals and agencies to work with, when we’re unable to do work in-house.
- Have experience working alongside data scientists.
- Have knowledge of the music industry and its different players.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.