Spotify Premium is looking for a Senior User Researcher to join the Premium Mission. The Premium Opportunities and Propositions team is responsible for identifying user needs across global markets and building differentiated Premium product offerings to meet those needs. As a Senior User Researcher, your role is to navigate and lead product innovation in an ambiguous space, build a deep understanding of users’ problem and turn qualitative user research into insights to advise the future of Premium products. Together with your teammates you will help drive our ambitious commercial and user experience goals, driving the next phase of Spotify Premium’s meteoric growth!
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s Premium consumer experience
- Define, plan, and conduct user research including supporting the work of more junior colleagues.
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice and contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are
- Have proven experience at research roles in consumer-focused companies with expertise in qualitative methods and specifically identifying people’s problems and needs.
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research including leading research streams in a zero to one space.
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative data.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, while also balancing business needs.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.