Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
Podcasts are a focus area for Spotify as we expand into an audio network, as you can read about here. We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to lay the foundational research groundwork for our quickly growing Podcast Monetization team. As the first researcher in this tribe, you’ll join a cross-functional group defining how streaming ad insertion will fit into the podcast ecosystem. By generating actionable insights, you’ll impact the strategy and direction of Spotify’s podcast monetization. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences podcasts.
You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features to bring data and insights into every decision we make.
We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support podcasts on Spotify. The Senior User Researcher in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
· How are different players in the podcast world impacted by streaming ad insertion?
· How can we understand what drives podcast consumption and discovery
· How can we build personal and relevant ad experiences for users
We’re looking for someone who can design creative studies to gain a deeper understanding of how Spotify listeners experience podcasts and podcast ads. We want someone who sees this intersection of advertising and podcast content as an exciting problem space – how does advertising slot into, augment, deliver or enable great listening experiences? How do we balance what’s good for business with the need to champion, empower and protect our users?
What you’ll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
Who you are
- Experienced and comfortable leading complex, rigorous, strategic research projects
- Led research through every step of the product development cycle. Therefore your work has proactively has spanned the entire trajectory from setting the strategy/roadmap to making tactical product improvements
- Worked in a research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- Experienced with both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Synthesized qualitative and quantitative data to deliver actionable insights that drive product strategy
- Collaborated closely with Data Science and are comfortable with metrics and A/B tests
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- Dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach to product development and enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.