Spotify is looking for a Senior User Researcher to join the Platform & Partner Experiences tribe. Our tribe is responsible for all of Spotify’s consumer experiences outside of Spotify’s core iOS and Android applications. We focus on areas like desktop, TVs, speakers, cars, wearables, and partner application integrations to make Spotify available wherever our users are.
As a Senior User Researcher, your role is to turn qualitative user research into insights and get a deep understanding of the world of music and listeners. Together with us you will study user behaviour, evaluate strategic initiatives and experiment with new features. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers who are passionate about Spotify’s consumer experience across platforms and partners
- Define, plan, and conduct user research
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Work from our offices in Stockholm
Who you are
- You have extensive relevant experience from research roles at consumer-focused companies
- You have a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are comfortable with planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders
- You know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, while also balancing business needs
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.