Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our Insights team. You will work closely with tech, product and design, to support evidence-based design and product decisions throughout Spotify’s product development process. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
You will work as part of a cross-disciplinary product team, designing and executing research throughout the product development cycle and bringing insights into every decision we make. You will work with multiple methods to deliver to a fast-moving and innovative team as we build the world’s best streaming service. You will help the team to gain a deep understanding of music and listening needs and work closely with data scientists to identify and understand audiences and define success metrics for our products. Your work will impact how Spotify thinks about users, and you get to define how to scale and make Spotify attractive for more people throughout the world.
What you’ll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research.
- Deliver compelling and timely insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice
- Take a holistic view of our understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of product, tech, design and user research that foster a culture of impact and performance to propel Spotify’s user growth
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigour and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in a research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
- You are a seasoned professional who can mentor others from a position of authority
- Expert in a wide range of methods, to a high standard of rigour
- You are a highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive projects to successful and timely delivery
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.