Spotify is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst that will report directly to the Senior US Tax Manager located in New York City.
What you’ll do:
- While the primary focus will be US Corporate Income tax, the ideal candidate will have a curiosity in all US & International tax matters in order to take advantage of the broad opportunities that arise while working within a global business on a close-knit team.
- Generally insure compliance with all manner of US Corporate Income Tax
- Assist in review of annual and quarterly US Federal and state income tax filings prepared by third party service provider,
- Assist third party preparer in understanding G/L transaction detail and accruals.
- Assist with preparation of US income tax provision and quarterly UTP accrual.
- Assist with IRS and state income tax audits.
- Assist with annual transfer pricing documentation, analysis, and application.
- Close interaction with tax team members in Stockholm and the US including the VP Tax, Indirect Tax Manager, Manager Tax Accounting & Compliance,Transfer Pricing Manager, US SALT Senior Analyst.
- Liaise with tax advisers regarding tax planning initiatives, tax incentive projects and more.
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with key colleagues across all areas of Spotify.
- Additional ad hoc duties to meet the needs of the business include:
- Assist the business on understanding the tax implications of third party partnership agreements,
- Build excel models to illustrate transaction economics when required,
- Assist with tax research projects,
- Assist on M&A transactions.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of tax related work experience in industry and/or Big 4.
- Master’s in tax and accounting undergraduate or similar education; CPA preferred.
- Experience with both federal and state income tax compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP accounting.
- Excellent project management and prioritization ability.
- Excellent communication skills in order to distil complex tax concepts into easily comprehensible subject matter for non-tax colleagues.
- Excellent tax research ability using databases such as RIA Checkpoint & CCH.
- Experience modeling transaction scenarios to properly reflect transaction economics and assist in risk adjusted decision making.
- Open, honest, flexible, willing to dig in.
- Experience with financial systems a plus (ERP, consolidation tools and management reporting tools).
- Deep desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn and develop every day.
- Not afraid to challenge colleagues (regardless of level) in a constructive manner alway with the best solution for Spotify in mind.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.