At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans.
You will be a part of the Deal Implementation vertical, a subset of the Licensing & Podcast Operations team. The mission of this vertical is to ensure a smooth process of managing & tracking implementation, risk assessment, and compliance across Spotify’s top Label & Publishing deals as well as Podcast deals.
The scope of this role is to ensure the proper and timely implementation of licensing contracts, focused on the top label and publisher deals in terms of royalty payments. Due to the high- profile nature of said commitments/deals, the variety of commitments across company’s functions, the complexity of the agreements and the relatively limited resources available, an innovative strategy and approach needs to be continually adapted upon to in order to ensure success and overall compliance.
What You’ll Do
- Continue to iterate on the end-to-end contract implementation process for every licensing contract. That includes process, system, metadata, data master, taxonomy, timeline etc.
- Work alongside the team on execution of cross functional communication and engagement strategy to educate the broader company about licensing contract commitments, cycles, goals, etc.
- Translate legal terms between our deal & legal teams and internal functions
- Drive the escalation process for critical situations of non-compliance, by leveraging your chain of command. Anticipate issues in advance of other stakeholders
- Streamline standardization and automation efforts wherever possible
- Be creative enough and nimble to identify other areas for optimization
- This role will liaise across every Spotify vertical – from monetization, to product, to artist marketing, to technical accounting, etc.
Who You Are
- 6+ years of experience in music and/or tech industry
- Flexibility to adapt in a quick moving environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in licensing (ideally in the music space) AND/OR in a legal function in a music/media or rights management organization a plus
- Experience working on a cross-functional team
- Strong experience working with senior executives to manage and assess risk
- Detail oriented
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.