Do you want to be part of building a platform where creators can collaborate on music and storytelling projects, and where educators can build learning opportunities?Soundtrap is the world’s leading browser based Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). Acquired by Spotify in 2017 and primarily based in our Stockholm headquarters we provide a collaborative music and podcast recording studio on the web.
As an engineer in the Studio team, you’ll be working at the heart of Soundtrap’s innovative browser-based DAW. We’re constantly implementing new features and improving the user experience. This is done using state-of-the-art web APIs, such as Web Audio, across all major browsers.
We are looking to bring in someone who can help raise the level of test automation expertise across the whole team, while working as an engineer alongside the other team members. In particular we want to hear from you if you have experience in finding creative solutions to uncommon automated testing challenges, such as those involving complex UI interactions and generated audio output.
We value people who are flexible and passionate about what they do. While experience in the technologies we use at Soundtrap is an advantage, if you’re an enthusiastic learner and love our product as much as we do, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team.
- Implement and be responsible for features across the stack in the world’s leading browser based DAW.
- Work across a broad problem space. The team’s work can stretch from writing custom audio effects using WebAssembly, implementing new state models in Dart, or coming up with a new user interface for making music. The work varies and is always interesting!
- Drive best engineering and test automation practices within and beyond your team.
Who you are
- You are experienced in working with test automation as an integral part of the software development lifecycle.
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and are interested in working across the stack, programming languages, and with the latest HTML5 APIs (Web Audio, Web MIDI, WebRTC, etc).
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.