As a Backend engineer you will be instrumental in building the next generation of conversion platform for Spotify premium brand.
As a part of these teams you would be working on building our commerce / order management capabilities that allow us to deliver Spotify’s premium propositions to fans around the world.
This is a chance to work on a distributed microservices architecture, building services for high volume traffic and working with lots of data. We build software iteratively and based on data. We are therefore looking for engineers who are comfortable in MVP way of building software and know how to build systems that scale. The work this team is doing will directly attribute to next level of growth for Spotify premium.
You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services that serve millions of users in a DevOps manner
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who you are
This is a senior position, you must have 6 years of writing code, plus experience in leading and mentoring teams.
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
- You are an awesome experienced engineer that is more than comfortable writing Java, Python and Go
- You have experience with tools on the Google Cloud Platform
- You have previous experience in a Software Testing role
- You have lead and mentored teams
- You have spoken or organised events related to your field
- You have the passion to mentor your peers
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You must be involved in the recruitment process and be comfortable conducting interviews in your current role
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing
- You must be part of a large open source community
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems
- You have experience in building and operating software in the payment technology area.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
– Advert opening date: 30/07/2019
– Advert closing date: 27/08/2019
– Salary: Competitive
– Location: London