Are you looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that is used by millions of people around the globe together with highly skilled colleagues? Then Spotify might be the right place for you. We create all our software in small autonomous teams that are empowered to achieve their goals in ways they decide for themselves.
We are looking for an experienced engineer for the team that builds Spotify’s smallest client side library – a library that makes the music play on speakers, TV sets, in cars and in many other kinds of devices.
What you’ll do
- Help us build cutting edge embedded software that brings the joy of music to millions of users.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers within and outside of the team.
- Write clear, maintainable code that scales across teams, projects and platforms.
- Work from our awesome office in Stockholm Sweden – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden.
Who you are
- You have excellent collaborative skills and you are a great teammate.
- You can work across teams and see the bigger picture.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality software.
- You can be a role model and mentor junior engineers.
- You can see where technology is going, and where technology should be going.
- You are passionate about moving technology to where it should be.
- You enjoy building tools and libraries for other developers.
- You can design excellent APIs that developers love to use.
- You are comfortable writing high quality, highly portable C code for resource constrained systems.
- You love solving hard problems through programming and collaboration.
If you feel that you could make a difference in the environment we have described, have a degree in Computer Science or similar valuable experience, and have considerable experience working with embedded or systems software, we would love to get in touch with you.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and for the creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.