Spotify’s mobile development organization is looking for a Senior iOS engineer for a new team in London. Since the team is exploring new areas, a significant part of your work will be prototyping and experimenting with new ideas and features. You will play additionally an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What you’ll do
- Drive best engineering practices within your team(s) and define and teach these.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers.
- Build a state of the art iOS apps that bring the happiness of music to millions of users.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Work from our office in London but there will be some international travel
Who you are
- You know how to working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer with several years of Objective-C development and experience in Swift
- You have a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech.
- You care about building and shipping high-quality code
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions that you can tell us about
- Have experience in rapid prototyping and A/B testing in the mobile app domain
- Previous experience in talk audio or podcast domains is considered a plus
Posting Dates March 7th – April 4th, 2019
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.