Spotify’s mobile development organisation is looking for a senior full stack engineer for a new team in London. Since the team is exploring new areas, a significant part of your work will be prototyping and experimenting with new ideas and features. You will play additionally an important part in creating backend services, implementing new mobile features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We expect you to be a full stack engineer having strong experience in building backend services that scale for millions of users, but also some exposure of developing native mobile features on iOS or Android.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and scalability
- Build state of the art mobile apps and features
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Build and take operational responsibility of Java services that serve millions of users
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work together with product, design, and other engineers to define the future for podcast services
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Work from our office in London but there will be some international travel
Who you are
- You have at least 6 years of professional experience
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java and are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux
- You have experience in writing mobile apps in Objective-C, Swift, Java or Kotlin
- You have great communication skills
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- Have experience in rapid prototyping and A/B testing at scale
- Previous experience in audio streaming is considered a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.