We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineers to join one of our core revenue generating teams at our fast growing London, UK R&D site. Across Spotify we are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem. Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. This role is targeted towards the teams that are managing the systems and user experience regarding our expanding payments and commerce capabilities. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, deploy and operate payment services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability for our rapidly growing user base
- Building and maintaining payments provider integrations ensuring users can pay with locally relevant payment methods
- Improving subscriber retention by reducing churn, keeping our loyal users even longer
- Mitigating and preventing fraud
- Be part of exploring future system design and improving our architecture in a complex domain
- Enable product innovation and effortless transition between products for users
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
- Work with other software engineers, data analysts, data scientists, and decision-makers, such as product owners, to build solutions and gain novel insights.
Who you are
- You are an awesome engineer that is more than comfortable writing Java or Python
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming, and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have experiences in building and operating software in the payment technology area.
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines
This is a senior position, you have more than 7 years of writing code, plus experience in leading teams.
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.
What we value
Innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion, and playfulness are a start. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands a good culture and will help shape it as it evolves.
Spotify brings you the right music for every moment. We play music for over 140 million active users, with more than 50 million subscribers. We’ve launched in 58 markets with over 30 millions songs.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.