We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the global revenue accounting operations & revenue close process. The ideal candidate will have at least 4-5 years of combined revenue operation and GL experience at a global organization. The position is based in NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Execution of monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Perform of global revenue, deferred revenue, journals, accounts reconciliation and fluxes.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in revenue team to scale our business and global revenue expansion.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine revenue accounting processes and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years related revenue accounting or GL experience with global company preferably in high tech or digital subscriptions.
- Experience with major ERP system required (Netsuite, Oracle or SAP).
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Able to work under time pressure, able to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Experienced in working with an outsourced vendor
- Knowledge of gift card or credit card processing a plus.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.